Travel hints to Uzbekistan

The Republic of Uzbekistan UZ

Geographic coordinates: 41 00 N, 64 00 E. Area: total 447.400 km2; land: 425.400 km2; water: 22,000 km2

Capital (Largest city): Tashkent. Other big cities: Samarkand, Ferghana, Bukhara, Navoi, Zaravshan


In order to enter Uzbekistan every foreign tourist must have a valid entry visa, to be obtained from the nearest Uzbekistan Embassy or General Consulate. Tourist visas can be obtained upon presenting an Invitation Letter, duly approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Uzbekistan. We provide visa invitation letters free of charge within 7 days after receiving: Copy of the passport, certificate of employment (no need in cases of unemployment or retire) and dates of arrival and departure.


The population of Uzbekistan, estimated at about 23 million, is the largest of the Central Asian republics, comprising more than 40 percent of their total population. Growing at a rapid rate, the population is split by ethnic and regional differences. The country is very multinational consisting of many nationalities of all former soviet republics and other foreigners. The main populations are Uzbeks, Russians, Tatars, Tajiks and others.


The state language is Uzbek. Russian language is commonly spoken everywhere in the country. Some people in big cities and touristy destinations can speak and understand English.


Uzbekistan has an extreme continental climate. It is generally warmest in the south and coldest in the north. Temperatures in December average -8°C (18°F) in the north and 0°C (32 °F) in the south. However, extreme fluctuations can take temperatures as low as -35°C (-31°F). During the summer temperatures can reach 45°C (113°F) and above. Humidity is low. Spring (April to June) and Fall (September through October) are in general the most pleasant times to travel. In Fall it's harvest time, and the markets are full of fresh fruit. If you're interested in trekking, then summer (July and August) is the best time, because summers are almost dry.

Money Spend

Most transactions are conducted on a cash-only, local currency basis. Major credit cards are only accepted at the main hotels and a few shops and restaurants. Traveler’s cheques can be cashed into USD, EUR, JPY, GBR at the National Bank of Uzbekistan. Local currency is SUM. 3, 000 sum approximately 1 USD. (However the market rates may differ)

Prices; Meals:

Good lunch or dinner at best restaurants costs from 10-15 USD and in Tashkent from 10-15 USD. Transportation: Public buses and subway (in Tashkent) 0.5 USD for any amount of stations. Taxi which is very commonly used and easiest way of getting to the places: 1 km- 0.5 USD. First aid in any hospitals 5-10 USD. Tips 10 % from the order in restaurants. Tickets to the theaters and cinemas 10 USD max

Tourist services and facilities

Basic medical services are available for tourists at local hospitals and clinics. Telecommunications services are also available from major hotels. Postal services are available at the Main Post Offices and in all hotels.


We are very flexible about the payment. Once you confirm the tour, we’ll start booking everything for you and will ask you for about 25-30% prepayment by bank transfer for the tour to secure Hotel rooms, buy local flight and make prepayment for other services. The rest 70% you can pay in cash upon arrival or also make a bank transfer about two weeks before the tour if you want to avoid bringing to much cash with you. Or you can make 100% prepayment by bank transfer in advance.

Electric power

220 V AC, 50 ampere; standard two-pin plug socket


GMT + 05:00

International dialing code


Follow us on

Sign up for our newsletters

Find our latest discounted tours, updated itineraries and latest news about the region